Recordings by Other Artists
While the focus of this site is on the work surrounding Lawrence Phelps,
we wanted to highlight some other exceptional recordings on instruments made by other builders.
Bach-Vivdali: 4 Concerti for Organ
Lawrence Phelps had great respect for the work of Poul-Gerhard Anderson and Sybrand Zachariassen of Marcussen and Son
in Aabenraa, Denmark, and also of organist Anton Heiller.
- Amadeus AMD 7018, Total time 69:47, AAD, 1965, 2001
- Organist Anton Heiller at the Marcussen Organ at the St. Mary Church in Hälsingborg, Sweden
- Concerto in a minor, BWV 593
- Concerto in d minor, BWV 596
- Concerto in C Major, BWV 594
- Concerto in G Major, BWV 592
- Partita on "Sei Gegrusset", BWV 768
- Choral Prelude "Lieber Herr Jesus" No. 1, BWV 730
- Choral Prelude "Lieber Herr Jesus" No. 1, BWV 731
This recording has recently been re-released on CD; it has been re-mastered from the
original tapes with 24-bit high definition digital equipment.
This recording is available in the U.S. from the
Organ Historical Society.