The Web Site
While Lawrence Phelps and Associates has not built any instruments in the past 20 years, this site was set up to showcase the instruments that were made, the extensive written works of Mr. Phelps, and the musical enjoyment which continues on today. This site was set up and currently maintained by Steve Thomas, a former employee of Lawrence Phelps and Associates. Please let us know of any feedback, ideas, etc.!
You can use the feedback page.
Site Revision Record
- 2005-01 Added Pipe Organs 105 article
- 2003-12-10 Added OMS 3 information
- 2003-09-25 Added Pipe Organs 101 article
- 2003-08-23 Reorganized document URLs to be shorter
- 2002-10-20 Added story, eulogy
- 2002-08-15 Added feedback form page.
- 2002-06-25 Updated Gillian Weir page to show new website; moved disc info.
- 2002-05-12 Added "From Where I Sit" article
- 2002-04-30 Added Deer Park instrument info under "Other Information" section
- 2002-03-06 Added more review info for Gillian Weir recordings
- 2002-02-17 Updated site layout & appearance
- 2002-01-21 Added site map and search
- 2001-12-08 Added Weir discography info
- 2001-11-26 Moved site to lawrencephelps.com
- 2001-11-23 updated photos for Orange City, Hexham, Tulsa and practice organ pages
- 2001-11-21 added Paris, IL page
- 2001-11-19 added page with reviews of Gillian Weir's Boston recording
- 2001-11-14 Corrections to ORU page stop list
- 2001-09-06 Added Home links on sub-pages
- 2001-07-18 Added link for John Greene Hexham recording
- 2001-07-18 Added link to Dobson website on Des Moines instrument page
- 2001-05-31 Added Creative Church Acoustics article
- 2001-05-25 Added Change Ringing article
- 2001-05-21 Started revision page
- 2001-05-21 Updated site stylesheet
- 2001-05-21 Updated Alice Tully Hall link
- 2001-05-21 Added article "Desigining a Two-Manual Organ"
- 2001-05-18 Added article "A Brief Look at the French Classical Organ..."
- 2001-05-14 Added article "An Organ for Our Time"